Limitless mobile phone knowledge plans can get costly in a rush, and knowledge speeds usually get throttled, defeating the aim of getting a limiteless plan and leaving wi-fi prospects searching for a greater possibility.
Seen Wi-fi affords limitless knowledge at extra reasonably priced costs than the most important wi-fi suppliers. Its costs begin at $25 month-to-month, versus $40 to $70 for the same service. You possibly can get pleasure from the advantages of a pay as you go telephone plan, which implies you’re not sure to a contract and costly cancellation charges.
However does Seen’s mobile phone protection measure up, and what different options do they provide? On this Seen Wi-fi assessment, we’ll break down its limitless knowledge plans, extra options, and protection reliability that can assist you decide if Seen is likely to be best for you.
Desk of Contents
- What Is Seen?
- Seen Protection High quality
- Seen Wi-fi Plans
- Seen Wi-fi Cellphone Offers
- Seen Shield
- Different Seen Wi-fi Options
- Seen Execs and Cons
- Options to Seen Wi-fi
- Is Seen Price It?
What Is Seen?
Seen is a pay as you go mobile phone firm that doesn’t require contracts and is owned by Verizon Wi-fi. It’s greatest recognized for providing a number of the most reasonably priced knowledge plans within the business. As well as, customers get entry to the Verizon knowledge community. Most pay as you go telephone firms use the T-Cell community, which is broadly accessible but extra prone to have spotty protection in rural areas.
Different Seen advantages embody:
- No cellular hotspot knowledge limits
- Limitless discuss and textual content to Mexico and Canada
- Spam safety
- 24/7 entry to human help
- Verizon dwelling web reductions (Seen+ subscribers solely)
- Complimentary worldwide calling and texts (Seen+ subscribers solely)
You’ll both pay $25 per line monthly for the starter plan or $45 month-to-month for premium knowledge speeds. You would possibly pay an identical quantity with different carriers and solely get 10 GB of high-speed knowledge or much less.
One motive for Seen’s unimaginable worth is that it doesn’t have bodily shops or provide phone-based assist (stay chat is out there), which lowers overhead prices.
After all, the adage “you get what you pay for” nonetheless rings true. When you would possibly pay extra on different carriers, many present Seen prospects (by way of on-line critiques) advocate upgrading in case you stay in congested areas to obtain prioritization which interprets into persistently sooner knowledge speeds.
Eligible iPhones with eSIM functionality can enroll in a 14-day risk-free trial to determine if Seen is price it. If eligible, you possibly can obtain a short lived telephone quantity to check alongside your present supplier.
Seen Protection High quality
5G knowledge speeds can be found nationwide as Seen makes use of Verizon’s extra capability to supply voice, textual content, and knowledge companies at a decrease value. The default 5G frequency is the low-band spectrum akin to, but sooner than, Verizon’s 4G LTE community and improves because the infrastructure expands.
Seen prospects in lots of metro areas nationwide have entry to the 5G Extremely Wideband speeds, Verizon’s quickest capability and 10 instances sooner than 4G LTE. You want the premium Seen+ plan to obtain the quickest speeds.
Throughout non-congested intervals, your service high quality is aggressive with a conventional – and costlier – postpaid plan. Nonetheless, knowledge speeds will be considerably slower at peak intervals because the higher-paying prospects get first precedence.
Like different limitless knowledge plans, movies play again in customary definition (SD) as an alternative of excessive definition (HD) to protect community bandwidth. This setting additionally prevents premium members from burning by means of their 50 GB of ultra-wideband knowledge as shortly.
Moreover, Seen’s cellular hotspot speeds are restricted to five Mbps for all customers. That is akin to 4G LTE speeds and isn’t the quickest for cellular hotspots, however you don’t have month-to-month knowledge caps like different pay as you go carriers.
Seen Wi-fi Plans
You possibly can select between two limitless discuss, textual content, and knowledge plans with Seen: Seen and Seen+. Select the latter to get the quickest accessible speeds and extra perks. Right here’s a better take a look at every plan.
The entry-level Seen Plan prices $25 monthly and consists of these perks:
- Limitless discuss, textual content, and knowledge
- 5G and 4G LTE knowledge speeds
- Limitless cellular hotspot
- Limitless discuss and textual content to Mexico and Canada from the U.S.
You possibly can add a wearable system like an Apple Look ahead to $5 monthly on each Seen Wi-fi plans.
If you happen to stay in a congested space or need extra worldwide discuss and textual content options, contemplate the Seen+ plan for $45 month-to-month. It’s also possible to get free knowledge in Canada and Mexico.
Along with the essential plan perks, different advantages embody:
- 5G Extremely Wideband (when accessible)
- Premium community expertise
- Limitless discuss and textual content Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands
- 0.5 GB of high-speed knowledge per day in Canada and Mexico (then 2G)
- 500 complimentary minutes to over 30 nations from the U.S.
- Limitless texting to over 200 nations from the U.S.
- $10 financial savings monthly on Verizon Dwelling Web
You possibly can benefit from the quickest community speeds for the primary 50GB every month. After that, Seen could start throttling your knowledge speeds for the remainder of the month.
Restricted Time Supply: Use code 35FOR6 to pay solely $35 month-to-month for the primary six months of service.
It’s also possible to carry your individual Apple Watch or purchase one from Seen and get limitless wearable knowledge for $5 month-to-month.
Seen Wi-fi Cellphone Offers
Seen companions with Affirm to supply purchase now, pay later financing on Apple, Google, and Samsung units. Not like a conventional service, you don’t must decide to a two-year contract. Gadgets are locked to Seen for the primary 60 days, however you possibly can swap to a different service.
The next Seen applications might help you purchase an inexpensive mobile phone.
Seen’s Improve Plan is engaging in case you improve your telephone frequently. Seen will repay as much as 50% of the remaining stability if you improve to a brand new system and finance the brand new telephone with Affirm.
The 0% APR reimbursement phrases final 12, 18, 24, or 36 months (down fee required). After paying off half of the stability, Seen sends you an improve provide by electronic mail. After financing a brand new system, you mail in your outdated one to Seen, and so they repay the remaining stability.
Whenever you be part of Seen and purchase a alternative system from its on-line retailer, you possibly can obtain a trade-in credit score in your present telephone. New customers are eligible for this program, however eligible present members also can take part.
The pay as you go service will ship you an estimate in your present telephone and you’ll mail it in utilizing a pay as you go transport label to endure a closing inspection. You’ll obtain a credit score that offsets your buy quantity.
Whenever you finance a telephone buy, the credit score is returned to your fee methodology with a brand new telephone or as a Mastercard present card.
When transferring an present quantity, new members can swap qualifying Android units for a free alternative. If you happen to’re comfy utilizing an off-brand system with a decrease market worth than Google and Samsung units, chances are you’ll like this feature.
Listed below are two choices accessible as of October 2023:
Each are fundamental smartphones, however they get the job accomplished and might help you keep out of debt.
After verifying when you’ve got a qualifying system, Seen In a single day mails your new telephone to you, and you’ve got 14 days to ship your present telephone. There aren’t any out-of-pocket prices; your telephone will be eligible if it activates.
You should buy refurbished iPhones at a reduced worth that you would be able to pay in full upfront or apply for Affirm financing. These units in all probability received’t qualify for the trade-in or improve applications, however you possibly can spend much less cash general and nonetheless get pleasure from a number of years of life out of your telephone.
You should buy mobile phone insurance coverage on telephones and units you purchase by means of Seen. Seen Shield plans vary from $3 to $10 monthly.
Insurance coverage advantages embody:
- Mechanical/electrical failure (new units solely)
- Unintended harm (cracks, drops, spills)
- AppleCare (iPhone and Apple Watch units)
- Pocket Geek® Cell by Assurant® (Antivirus by Avast for Android telephones)
- 24/7 claims
These safety plans can be found in all states aside from New York.
Different Seen Wi-fi Options
Listed below are a number of the greatest advantages of a Seen plan.
1. Limitless Speak, Textual content, and Knowledge: All Seen plans present limitless discuss, textual content messages, and knowledge utilization inside america. It’s also possible to get pleasure from free calls and texts to Canada and Mexico from the U.S.
2. WiFi Calling: You possibly can allow your telephone for free WiFi calling. This function is helpful when you’ve got spotty reception except you go exterior or a unique a part of the constructing (a problem nonetheless).
3. Limitless Cell Hotspot: Every Seen plan affords a free cellular hotspot with none knowledge caps. The obtain velocity is a comparatively gradual 5 Mbps, and you’ll solely join one system at a time.
4. Month-to-Month Billing: Some pay as you go carriers require you to decide to a multi-month subscription to qualify for the bottom worth. Not so with Seen, as both plan prices $25 or $45 (except you’re eligible for a limited-time provide) with out a contract. You possibly can pay your Seen invoice with a bank card, debit card, pay as you go card, Apple Pay, PayPal, or Venmo.
5. Free Worldwide Calls: All Seen plans assist you to name Mexico or Canada from america. Premium customers also can make free calls when touring in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Additional, they obtain 500 minutes month-to-month to make calls abroad to over 30 nations.
6. Convey Your Gadget: It’s doable to carry your present unlocked system to Seen in case you don’t want to purchase a brand new telephone simply but. It’s also possible to carry your individual Apple Watch.
7. eSIM Activation: Newer telephones have eSIM functionality, so that you don’t want to attend to obtain a bodily SIM card within the mail to activate the service. You possibly can see in case your system is eligible when becoming a member of Seen. Nonetheless, ineligible units nonetheless obtain a bodily card by way of in a single day transport. Full the activation course of by connecting to WiFi and downloading the Seen cellular app.
8. Free Trial: iPhone customers with eSim functionality can get pleasure from a 15-day free trial with out offering a bank card quantity. You’ll obtain a trial quantity to check the voice, textual content, and knowledge capabilities. Sadly, this free trial isn’t accessible to Android customers, and iPhones with a bodily SIM can not take part, nor can potential prospects who’ve enrolled on this free trial throughout the final 12 months.
9. Convey a Good friend Low cost: After enrolling with Seen, you’ll obtain a referral hyperlink your family and friends can use to affix. In case your buddy makes use of your Good friend Hyperlink to enroll, you’ll each save $20 on the next month’s mobile phone invoice.
Seen Execs and Cons
Seen affords reasonably priced wi-fi plans with many extra options, comparable to free cellular hotspots and worldwide calling. However Seen has its drawbacks, too. Here’s a record of execs and cons:
- Inexpensive month-to-month plans
- Limitless mobile knowledge and cellular hotspot
- Free worldwide calls and texts to Canada and Mexico
- 15-day free trial for eligible iPhones
- $20 refer-a-friend bonus
- A number of telephone trade-in applications
- Doubtlessly gradual knowledge speeds in congested areas or peak hours
- Gradual cellular hotspot speeds (as much as 5 Mbps)
- Video playback is in SD solely
- No multi-line reductions
Options to Seen Wi-fi
If you happen to’re searching for the quickest doable knowledge speeds in any location, it might be worthwhile to decide on one other wi-fi service, even when it means paying extra every month. Listed below are some Seen alternate options to contemplate.
Verizon Wi-fi, with a postpaid contract, affords sooner and extra dependable knowledge speeds in congested areas and throughout the day’s busiest hours. You’ll pay extra for a limiteless plan, however you would possibly be capable of discover employer or multi-line reductions and telephone buy offers to spend much less. Make an inventory of your required options to find out if Verizon is best for you.
Mint Cell affords limitless knowledge plans beginning at $30 month-to-month if you pay for 12 months of service upfront. The month-to-month fee prices extra if you select a shorter period of three or six months.
Mint Cell makes use of the T-Cell 5G community, which is extremely accessible however not essentially extra dependable than Verizon. Protection qualify relies on your native space. Different notable Mint Cell advantages embody as much as 10 GB of cellular hotspot knowledge, free calling to Mexico and Canada, plus free texting to over 190 nations.
Tello affords its “Limitless All the things” plan for $29 monthly. Helpful advantages embody free calls to over 60 nations and limitless cellular hotspots. You possibly can select a set knowledge plan and doubtlessly pay much less if you don’t want limitless knowledge.
This cellular digital community operator (MVNO) makes use of the T-Cell community, which is the way it can provide many options at rock-bottom costs. You pay month-to-month for final flexibility.
Seen will be simply as dependable as Verizon more often than not throughout the nation. Nonetheless, many who’ve tried each report that Verizon is extra dependable and delivers faster speeds in congested cities and busy intervals when the community practices knowledge de-prioritization. You might select Seen+ ($45/month) as an alternative of the essential Seen plan ($25/month) as you get sooner web speeds.
Sure, Verizon has owned Seen because it launched in 2018. Nonetheless, Seen’s headquarters are in Denver, whereas Verizon is predicated in New York Metropolis.
Dwell chat and electronic mail assist is out there 24/7. It’s also possible to attain out to their social media channels. Cellphone-based assist and in-person retailer assist are unavailable.
Seen’s all-in worth is $25 or $45, which incorporates charges and taxes. There aren’t any hidden charges. As every plan has limitless knowledge, you received’t should buy add-on knowledge packages in case you exhaust your month-to-month allowance.
Is Seen Price It?
Seen is price utilizing if you need Verizon Wi-fi protection at a reduced worth and month-to-month pay as you go telephone plans. No matter your chosen plan, it’s one of many most cost-effective limitless knowledge plans accessible within the U.S.
Quick web speeds can be found in most elements of the nation, though knowledge speeds will be slower in congested areas and peak utilization hours. If that’s a priority, chances are you’ll be higher off sticking with a postpaid service (Verizon, T-Cell, AT&T) as they obtain the quickest speeds first throughout peak intervals.
If doable, contemplate making an attempt out the 14-day free trial to see how dependable Seen is at dwelling, work, college, and whilst you run errands.
General, Seen is among the many greatest selections for an reasonably priced limitless knowledge plan and limitless cellular hotspot. It’s also possible to benefit from the reliability of the Verizon Wi-fi community. If you happen to’re able to cancel your postpaid telephone contract, this is likely one of the greatest pay as you go telephone plans to contemplate.
- Inexpensive month-to-month plans
- Limitless mobile and cellular hotspot knowledge
- Free worldwide calling to Canada and Mexico
- 15-day free trial
- A number of telephone trade-in applications
- Speeds could gradual in congested areas or throughout peak hours
- Gradual cellular hotspot speeds
- Video playback is in SD solely
- No multi-line reductions